Xact Hacks | Xactimate Opens Off Screen
If you using more than one monitor, it is all too likely that you have experienced this issue.
Most of the time, the issue can be resolved by simply pressing and holding the Windows Key plus the shift key, and then tap the Left arrow key once while still holding down the other two keys. WIN KEY(hold)+SHIFT(hold)+LEFT ARROW(tap)
If that doesn’t work, follow the instructions below.
Use the following Windows key strokes to relocate the Xact program that may be populating off the display. These keystrokes work in Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
- Press ALT+TAB to switch to the off-screen application.
- Press ALT+SPACE to bring up the system menu (you won’t see it because it is off screen)
- Press R to select the “Restore" menu choice to ensure the window isn’t maximized (you can not move it if it is maximized)
- Press ALT+SPACE again, and then press M to select the “Move" menu choice.
- Press one of the ARROW keys to initiate the movement.
- Now just use the mouse to place the window where you want.
Note: If using a non-english version of Windows, the “R" and “M" menu choices will be different.